As a result of our continuing growth, ELIX Wireless is looking for an experienced Mechanical Assembler to join our R&D team in Vancouver, BC to develop the next generation of wireless charging technology and products.
The Mechanical Assembler reports to the Senior Mechanical Engineer and is responsible for assembling ELIX’s new prototypes as part of the next generation of wireless power products. The successful candidate will perform the assembly activity with quality workmanship in accordance with drawings, specifications and instructions provided by engineering staff.
- Build, assemble and/or prepare prototypes and test fixtures to proper specifications required as per job instruction
- Assemble winding coils according to instructions from engineering staff
- Install wireless charging units in vehicles
- Ensure subassemblies are correctly assembled to given specifications
- Assemble shipping crates as and when required
- Conduct inspection on incoming material as required
- Conduct receipt process (i.e. verify quantity, match receipts to items shipped, update status and note discrepancies)
- Provide assistance to R&D team during testing of prototypes
- Keep the warehouse clean and organized and manage inventory using internal procurement process
- Prepare assembly instructions and/or related documentation
- High School or Vocational Trade School Diploma with at least 1-year experience in mechanical assembly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and good manual dexterity is required
- Capable of reading and interpreting documents such as safety policy and procedures, mechanical drawings, simple electrical wiring diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions
- Knowledge of soldering and de-soldering of electronics components is an asset
- Familiar with workshop machines (lathe, mill, 3D printer), comfortable with hand tools (hand drills, Dremel etc.) and fabrication equipment
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers
- Ability to lift heavy loads (20-35 kg)
- Ability to travel occasionally for field work
- Eligible to work in Canada. Canadian citizens or PR are given priority
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org